Monday, July 18, 2011

What could i have done to my knee?

I'm a volleyball player, and I'm the libero for my team so I pretty much spend half my life diving on the ground. So I'm the past I've had some knee problems like tendonitis and I almost tore my patellar tendon also osgoodschlatters (sp.?) But they have confirmed that I out grew that. Anyway, lately when I dive onto my left knee it hurts really bad at first while I'm still on the ground then as I get up the pain is pretty severe and I can hardly support my weight on it. Then the pain travels down my leg and then my ankle hurts really bad even though I didn't do anything to it (I'm sure, I wear ankle braces). So that has happened quite a few times. Then last night the same thing happened and I went through the usual thing of pain but this time the pain didn't go away in about 20 minutes like it usually does. Most of the pain went away in time and by the end of practice I barely noticed it (that's because when I play I don't really feel pain) then after practice it hurt pretty bad and I iced it. Now the next day it doesn't hurt all too bad but sitting the I have minor barely noticeable pain but when I have my foot on the ground and I slightly twist it either way it hurts really bad. Or if I extend my leg all the way it hurts and last if I my my foot/ ankle it hurts. Oh also the pain is centered on the outside of my knee to the bottom left of my knee cap. So what could be wrong with it??

No comments:

Post a Comment