Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Treatments for Bipolar?

Bipolar mood swings are long and drawn out, usually over a period of days to weeks, and they are severe and uncontrollable. You can't calm down or cheer up, you are stuck in it if you are BP. If you are cycling that rapidly something else is going on. If you can't talk to your parents about it, find an adult at school or a friend's parent and tell them that you're cutting. It sounds like you live in a fairly hostile environment, which isn't helping your stress and moods. I wish there was a simple answer to this, but there just isn't. With me (I am a rapid cycling Bipolar 1) It can take days of mania to get to weeks of depression. Most of the time I am fine and then I just go off on one side of the scale. If it were me I would probably say that I was angry about being unhappy at home and having a lot of pain in my heart. Siddharta (philosophy, not religion) said that anger is just pain in disguise. Try taking a boxing class or martial arts to help ventilate your frustration. But, please take my advice, if you are cutting and have attempted suicide in the past, you have to find a way to get yourself to a safe place emotionally. Cutting is a way that some people feel ventilates the ugliness and agony inside of them. You may be able to find another way to express your feelings constructively, like an art form such as music, painting, poetry or otherwise. Think of Angelina Jolie. She went through the same thing and eventually she pulled through. Try to read up on her as she is wise and you may find some insight into what is bothering you. Also, find a way to reinforce what is beautiful about you and blow off the ugly things others say about you. Their opinions don't matter that much, if you really think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment